§1) One account per player
Each player is allowed one account per world. Logging into another player’s account is never permitted (excluding account sitting) - this is treated as multi accounting. Sharing your password with another player on any world you play is forbidden, and accounts on the same connection should not share the same password.
- Knowing or asking for a password to another account on worlds you play is not permitted.
- An account may be played by multiple people, as long as they do not have access to any other account on the same world.
- You may not access ANY other account on ANY world you play, even if it belongs to a family member. To be allowed to access an account, they must set you as an account sitter using the Account Sitting feature.
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to an account will result in a permanent ban.
- View legal ways of taking over a new account
§2) Players sharing an Internet Connection
While sharing a connection and for 24 hours afterwards the game will prevent you from interacting or coordinating with other players on your connection.
If you regularly (for 2 days or longer) share an Internet Connection with other players on the same world you must declare your shared connection in-game by going to Settings and then Connecting sharing. If you will only temporarily be sharing a connection (for less than 2 days) you do not need to do this.
Accounts that share a connection must not retaliate against another player on behalf of each other.
- Accounts on the same connection can not be used to benefit another account on the same connection.
- Using a 3rd account (e.g. a friend) to act as an intermediary for sending resources between two accounts on the same connection is forbidden.
- Retaliation from the same connection is illegal. This is when you attack a player who is already attacking someone on your connection, thus retaliating on their behalf. If multiple accounts on the same connection are attacked by the same player, only one account may attack back.
§3) Account sitting
Account sitting is a temporary way to watch another player’s account while they are not available. This feature must be used by the in-game account sitting system (Settings, then Account Sitting).
While you are sitting another account, that account is sharing an Internet Connection with you so all of the restrictions in Rule 2 apply. Only 24 hours after an account sitting has ended will the accounts no longer be seen as sharing the same connection.
When you sit an account you are responsible for the actions you perform there, just as if it were your own account. The account must be played as the account owner wishes, but may not be used just to push other players with resources or troops.
If you ever need to choose an account sitter, please choose someone you trust. While account sitters must act in the best interests of the account, and will be punished if they abuse it, we will usually not be able to reverse any of the damage done.
- When you sit an account any information (such as troop data) in that account is considered confidential and cannot be passed on to other players.
- If an account owner has decided to stop playing Tribal Wars and you are sitting the account you must take immediate steps end the sitting (optionally by gifting the account’s villages first).
- Accounts that have been sat for 30 out of the last 60 days may be restricted and unable to attack, support or send resources. On worlds 76 and below, the limit is 60 out of the last 120 days.
- If an account has been sat for 120 days the account sitting may be terminated.
§4) Merging of accounts
A player may allow other players to conquer their villages (referred to as “gifting”) without a fight, provided that all other rules are followed.
Villages can not be gifted to accounts that are currently sharing an Internet Connection or have done so in the past 2 months.
Insulting other players and the use of language in an abusive/offensive context is forbidden.
We do not accept profiles, player names, village names or any other publications that the Administration finds to be illegal, insulting, threatening, abusive, real-life-aggressive, sexual, politically incorrect, right extreme, religiously fanatic, racist or in any way inappropriate.
Advertising other games or moneymaking sites, or posting links to inappropriate content is forbidden.
Phishing or blackmailing players for passwords in any way is forbidden. Spamming other players in any way is forbidden.
§6) Account trading
It is not allowed to sell, buy or offer accounts or parts of accounts in exchange for Premium Points or any other outside benefit.
The only exception to this is the in-game trading of resources for Premium Points which must be done using your village market.
- Offering to buy or sell accounts or parts of an account (such as villages and troops) is forbidden.
- In addition to this, services involving in-game activities such as attacking may not be bought or sold.
- Premium Points or money may not be offered as a reward for any in-game activity that affects another player or that may incite attacks or actions towards other players. An example of this is a contest to see who can gain the most opponents defeated score.
§7) Bots and Scripts
Tribal Wars should be played with a normal browser only. Bots, browser addons or other applications that automate game activities are forbidden. All greasemonkey/tampermonkey scripts are forbidden.
Scripts can not send an attack on your behalf, and may not interact with the Farm Assistant without specific approval from the Tribal Wars team. Additionally, a script cannot mimic any features provided by the Premium Account.
If you are not sure if a script or tool is allowed you should always ask the support team first. In addition to this, we keep this thread updated with common legal quick bar scripts. If you have a script that doesn't appear here, you must submit a ticket for approval or ask in the scripts forum before installing it.
- A script may not be used to send troops automatically or with fewer clicks than usual.
- A script may not automatically send information or react to an event on your account (such as being attacked).
- A script may not focus or click the Attack, Support or Ok button on the rally point / attack confirmation page.
- Script approval is completely at the discretion of Tribal Wars staff.
Tribal Wars is an English game. The use of other languages in game is forbidden. This means all profiles, mails, forum posts and any other publication must be in English.
A short phrase in another language is permitted, provided that this is translated to English either directly following or preceding it.
Creating a tribe exclusively for one nationality or language is strictly forbidden and may result in the tribe being disbanded.
- Anything you write may be used as evidence against you in an appeal. We will not accept it if you later say that you were joking.
- Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as regular resource transports from a weaker player to a stronger player.
- Encouraging or tricking others into breaking the rules is strictly prohibited.
- If you experience a bug you must immediately report it to the support team. Failing to do so may result in a punishment.
- Inactive accounts may be deleted after a period of 14 days.
- Banned accounts will be deleted in 14 days in the majority of cases.
- We do not refund premium to players who are banned for breaking our rules.
- Impersonating members of staff will result in a permanent ban on your account.
- Tricking a player into using the Restart functionality is forbidden, including promising resources for restarting.
- Knowingly benefiting from another player breaking the rules will also lead to actions being taken against your account. If you think you have benefited from a breach of rules, you must report this.